STATEMENT OF FAITH
Bayshore Christian School is a ministry of and under the authority of Eastern Shore Presbyterian Church (PCA). BCS uses the Westminster Confession of Faith as the summary of what we believe the Bible teaches and it guides our approach to Christian education. Secondary or divisive doctrines and issues will not be presented as primary doctrine. When secondary doctrines arise, students will be referred back to their family and local church for final authority. We seek to promote "unity in essentials" (primary doctrine), "liberty in non-essentials" (secondary doctrine) and "in all things charity" (Christian love toward others). The Statement of Faith is the foundation of beliefs on which Bayshore Christian School is based and will constitute the substance of what is considered primary doctrine.
1. We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God's truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
2. We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God's displeasure, except by His mercy.
4. We believe that eternal life is received by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
5. We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
6. We believe in the absolute sovereignty of God and that He ordains whatever comes to pass; we also believe that man is completely responsible before this holy and sovereign God.
7. We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
8. We believe that grace alone opens our hearts to respond to the gospel for forgiveness of sins and eternal life; we also believe that grace working in us motivates and enables us to live transformed lives.
9. We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself. All true believers will be resurrected at the final judgment and will live eternally on the New or Renewed Earth, the New Jerusalem. All unbelievers will face eternal judgment, separated by God forever because they refused to place their hope in the finished work of Jesus Christ.
10. We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.